Tuesday 17 July 2012

Toy Tuesday

Good Afternoon...

After a week of my alarm yelling at me to get up at 5am, Chibi has now learnt what this sound means… time for breakfast! I usually put it on snooze for another 20 minutes to give myself time to actually wake up and not have to jump out of bed straight away. Chibi has other ideas though… like swotting me around the face, licking my nose and getting under the duvet and biting my feet! Not the best thing to receive at that time of the morning.

He is a perfect example of ‘Simon’s Cat’. Chibi has the exact same bedroom etiquette as him!

Today I thought I would tell you all about Chibi’s favourite toy….

His Armitage Good Girl Bat It! Cat Play Tunnel.


I bought this a few weeks before we bought Chibi home from Tanya’s for £3.50 from Tesco’s.  Like most of his ‘get the colour you’re given’ toys, its not the most manly-cat colour being red, I wanted the black and white one but never mind.

This is probably the one toy that Chibi will play on his own with and not get bored and yell at you to throw it or drag around the floor for him to chase. Chibi doesn’t really like playing on his own but this keeps him entertained for ages, which is quite helpful when you want to eat your tea and Chibi is begging for a snack!

His newest game with it is to drag it over to one of the chairs around the table in the living room, and pounce on top of it. The first time I saw him do this I burst out laughing (Chibi sometimes gets all excited at laughing and he went even more scatty!), he jumped on top of the tunnel, bounce about a foot in the air, then hit the floor with a thud. It was quite a heavy thud and I thought he would have at least sat still for a few seconds to compose himself and have a breather. But no…. he grabbed the ball attached to the tunnel and charged as fast as he could, dragging the tunnel behind him. Down the hallway he went, skidded round the corner into our bedroom and under the bed. Halfway under he got the tunnel stuck on the wooden bar that runs down the middle of our bed, and only Chibi came out the other side wondering where the hell the tunnel had gone.

This was one of those ‘I wish I had my phone’ moments as it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen Chibi do. I have met a few scatty cats in my time but nothing quite like him. If he was a child, you would think he had some hyperactivity problem. Well, he might, can cats have that??

He has grown so much in these last 2 weeks that he is nearly as big as my Mum’s 11 months old cat Ella. His tunnel is more for little kitten sized cats… not humungous bags of fluff like Chibi, so I think I might have to upgrade to a bigger one at some point as he is already hitting his head on the rim when he runs through it (he could just lower his head but obviously that’s not as much fun!).

This is supposed to be a cat but reminds me more of a hungry hippo!

Do you have any toys that your cat’s love, that you think Chibi might enjoy? If so let me know and I will let you know what he thought of them.

Until next time, here is a video of the furbaby playing with his tunnel that I took a few days ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment