Saturday 14 July 2012

New stuffs


I will apologise now if this waffles a bit, it's quite late, Chibi is charging about and I'm starting to nod off but I want to write this before I forget to do it.

I have been looking for some extra bowls for Chibi's holder for a while now, but haven't been able to find any actually designed to fit in the Hing bowl holders.

Chibi has the green fish shaped holder which is absolutely great. It has non slip feet to stop him pushing it around the floor... he's a bit of an aggressive eater at times lol!


It had been while since I'd actually measured his current bowls (probably should have measured them again but I was at work and getting impatient), so order 2 medium sized metal ones from Ebay made by a company called Cleo, which were close to the figure I had in my head (knowing me, there was quite a high chance I would get it very wrong!).

This morning, I was snuggled in bed with Chibi after I'd gone back to bed after giving him his breakfast, when there was a knock at the front door. Chibi's fur was stood on end (the slightest noise that comes out of nowhere makes him jump...chicken!!) and ran off into the bathroom to hide. I got up and went to the door to find the postman. As I was up Chibi was a bit braver and stuck his head round the door. Chibi has decided he doesn't like him very much and all his fur went poofy again which made us giggle. Giggling makes Chibi excited, so he them started doing zoomies up and down the hallway whilst I signed for the package.

I was quite surprised the bowls had come so quickly so I was very excited as I'd bought Chibi some new toys as well. Chibi loves packages and climbs your legs to open them for you. On the floor the package went and Chibi started kicking the hell out of it and ripping the paper off. Chibi looked like Xmas had come as it was wrapped in bubble wrapped as well (Chibi is obsessed with bubble wrap, he runs around dragging it around behind him like a cape!). Once he'd opened it I took his breakfast bowls out and tried them out for size. I wasn't that far off my estimation as the bowls fit inside quite nicely. I think the Cleo large bowls might have been a perfect fit but I will have to measure up again and double check the sizes. The medium ones hardly move around at all so the messy eater shouldn't have any problem eating his food. The bowls were only cheap but they are very good quality, I will definitely buy some more, whether the larger size is a perfect size or not. They will definitely last a long time.

The part of the package he was more interested in (apart from the tissue paper that as between the bowls) were the toys I'd bought him. I bought him 3 boxes of catnip mice and a set of 3 animal toys. When I saw these, I couldn't resist, they were so cute and I knew he would like chasing them about. The mice came in cute cheese shaped boxes (Chibi loves pulling the mice out if you hide them inside, or put treats in it), and have catnip in them. Aren't they cute!!



Weeeeeeeeee!!!!! Angry birds springs to mind

Love the shredded paper on the floor!
The set of animals now live on Chibi's cat tree. I think his favourite is the mouse. He dragged it up and went crazy at the bell on it's tail.




They remind me a bit of the characters on that animated show called Creature Comforts, a bit derpy looking but totally adorable.  The bunny has a fluffy tail which Chibi spent a few minutes nibbling. Other than that, the bunny was a bit boring and he hasn't really played with it since. The bird and the rat have ribbon and bells on them, which drive Chibi nuts. If the bell rattles he comes charging in launching him in the air to grab it out of your hands.

As Chibi is quite rough with his toys I'm always worried he will pull them apart in no time at all. These are so well made that I don't think they will be falling apart any time soon. I will definitely be getting some more of the mice once these ones either go missing or Chibi has demolished them. I've had a quick look at their website (http://www.cleopet.co.uk/), and there are some really cute mouse scratchers which I might replace his cardboard ones with once he's killed them (great idea being recyclable but they make a lot of mess on the carpet).

As I'm writing this, Chibi is playing with one of the mice on my bed.


He started going hyper after I stopped recording so hopefully he will tire himself out soon and go to sleep. Knowing him, he will probably wait until very early tomorrow morning when Chris gets home from work!




No comments:

Post a Comment